- In this section you will overview your business, and the environment in which it will be operating. You should include:
- A general description of your company.
- Its goals and objectives, and the strategies you are using to reach them.
- Significant factors which will affect the success of your business.
- The environment and the competitive structure in which the business will be operating.
This section should be described in a format that will allow the information in the rest of your plan to fit in.
- The information contained in this section can be discussed in two categories:
- The business
- The industry and environment
Briefly describe the basic facts about your business, including:
- Details about when and how the business will be started.
- Type of company (ie. legal status), incorporation date (if incorporated).
- Founders, key personal, owners of the business, with ownership percentages.
- Key products or services.
- Achievements to date.
- Company strategy
- The company’s market opportunity and how you will take advantage of this opportunity.
- The company’s potential for growth and improvement.
- Address the firm’s opportunities, strengths and weaknesses, and factors threatening its success.
- Future plans and goals
- The company’s goals and how it plans to reach these goals.
The Industry and Environment
Describe the basic facts about your industry, and the environment in which you will be operating, including:
- Industry characteristics.
- Major players in the industry, including your competition, their strengths and weaknesses, and how you will be able to compete against them.
- Industry trends and future outlook.